Make San Francisco Bay Area your next getaway
The San Francisco Bay Area is a diverse and exciting place to be. It has something for everyone, from breathtaking natural scenery to innovative art and culture, as well as lively and unique neighborhoods. To fully enjoy all that this region has to offer, consider beginning your journey by booking a stay at one of Vacasa's coastal ranch homes, cozy cabins nestled in the woods, or a modern condo overlooking the city.
Book confidently. Stay comfortably.
Where is San Francisco Bay Area?
San Francisco Bay Area—or The Bay Area or simply The Bay, as locals call it— is located in Northern California. Despite its name, its borders reach far beyond just the city of San Francisco. It encompasses five sub-regions:
- San Francisco, the center of it all
- North Bay, which includes Marin, southern Napa, southern Sonoma, and Solana
- South Bay, which includes San Jose, Santa Clara, and Gilroy
- East Bay, where you’ll find Oakland, Berkeley, and Fremont
- Peninsula, which includes Palo Alto, San Mateo, and the San Francisco International Airport
Things to do near your San Francisco Bay Area rental
- Explore the famous skyscrapers, cable cars, and Golden Gate Bridge in the city of San Francisco
- Sip local California wines in Napa and Sonoma
- Hike the majestic Sierra Mountains
- Wander among the old-growth coastal redwoods at Muir Woods
- Meet the animals and taste locally made goods at the coastal farms in Half Moon Bay
- Walk among geniuses at the Google Campus in Mountain View
- Soak up the arts and culture of Berkeley
- Experience cutting-edge art and music in Oakland
- Visit the technology hub of San Jose and Silicon Valley
What is the Bay Area known for?
The Bay Area is most famously known as the home of San Francisco, undeniably one of the world’s most dynamic cities. However, there’s so much more beyond the city borders. Oakland and Berkeley offer countless culinary and cultural delights in the diverse and vibrant East Bay. Some of the finest wines in the world are produced in the vineyards of Napa Valley and Sonoma County. Meanwhile, Silicon Valley and San Jose are the world’s official hubs for global innovation. In between you’ll discover countless museums, cutting-edge cuisine, natural grandeur, and one-of-a-kind locavore experiences.
When is the best time of year to visit the Bay Area?
The best time of year to visit the Bay Area and book that dream vacation house rental in the San Francisco Bay area is…whenever you want. This area of Northern California offers something for visitors all year round. Autumn months offer warm temperatures and fall leaf-peeping opportunities. In winter, you may find lower rates and fewer crowds. Spring brings milder temperatures and fewer chances of rain. While summer brings the liveliest atmosphere with countless festivals and outdoor events.
What are the 3 major airports in the San Francisco Bay Area
The three major international airports in the San Francisco Bay Area include:
San Francisco International Airport
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
Oakland International Airport