First off, I give this 5/5 stars because its obvious the owner of this condo spent some money fixing things up & refreshing the condo. Brand new stove, coffeemaker, cookware, vinyl flooring, paint, etc. Definitely appreciate the updates. The location is insane. 25-50 steps from the pool, about 100 steps from sassy bass (GREAT food btw) and of course the insane view of being right there on the beach. What a hidden gem. The coffeemaker was actually broken but we could tell it had never been used so i emptied the water out and took a look and it seems a pump wasn't connected properly. 2 second fix and then delicious coffee! The other thing we appreciated was at first we thought there were only a couple of towels...NOPE! We opened the sink counter in the bathroom and hit the mother lode! THANK YOU FOR THAT!!! Our family of 4 only managed to go through less than half of the stack. Very much appreciated the towels. Other than that the owner was kind enough to provide washing machine powder, diswasher tabs, sugar/sweetner for for coffee, diswashing soap, etc. There was definitely some painting & construction going on outside but that's to be expected in the off season and didn't bother us a bit. In fact we appreciated that the building was being updated.
Now for a few things I think can be improved on that can take this to the next level:
1. Need to provide a comforter for the pull out couch!! The sheets are too thin but luckily we had an old moving blanket in the truck but I would highly recommend getting a comforter for the sleeper sofa.
2. Make a laminated list of a few things like where the towels are located, etc. We had to hunt to figure out a few things.
3. Fridge icemaker didn't work. I peeked behind and saw a water line running to it but maybe this is off because of covid? No big deal..just thought I'd mention it in case someone wanted to check on it. Fridge was plenty cold for our drinks.
4. Some type of blackout shade needed for the bedroom! The light in the outside condo breezeway is super-bright and the vinyl blinds did little to block it out at night. just a simple pull down blind or something in the window frame would have worked wonders.
5. Speaking of lights; the LED bulbs in most of the fixtures looked like a mix of very early LEDs a put out a very garish 'flourescent-ish' color. I would suggest going to home depot or amazon and buying a 10 pack of soft white LED bulbs and swap them in all the fixtures & lamps. That would make a huge difference in making the condo feel more cozy. We ended up leaving the lights off almost the whole time.
I'll stop there before you make this place too good and the price goes way up! :-D THANK YOU FOR A GREAT MINI VACATION! We loved it so much we stayed an extra day.
Condo was small if several people, but cozy and a great view of the ocean. Beach is very secluded. Would visit again!
A beautiful spot to relax and enjoy the beach, with an amazing view from our condo.
It was very quiet and we had all the enjoyment of the facilities without the crowds.
The condo was clean and had everything we needed for our stay. The only complaint I have is that the bed was awful, it was so uncomfortable. The mattress seemed to sink in the middle and so we woke up most mornings with backaches.
We did notice a huge damp spot where the ceiling was peeling away in the corner of the living room. It did not cause any issues for us, but it may need to be fixed before it causes anymore damage. Also the ice maker in the fridge was broken.
We had a wonderful stay and would definitely recommend the plantation as a place to stay.